Skip to Content

Asian Tribune is published by World Institute For Asian Studies|Powered by WIAS Vol. 12 No. 2558

LTTE carried out Claymore mine attack on a passenger bus : More than 30 Sinhalese killed

Colombo, 15 June, (Asiantribune.com): More than thirty civilians were killed, scores sustained shrapnel injuries, when LTTE carried out a claymore mine attack at a bus carrying at least 100 civilians at Kongollawa in Anuradhapura around 8.20a.m today.

In the meantime the pro-LTTE news website Tamil Net, which is always fed with news reports on attacks undertaken by the LTTE, by the LTTE official sources, at times even in advance, reported “Around 50 civilian passengers were feared killed and more than 30 wounded, when a civilian bus hit a Claymore mine near Kebitigollawe, 23 km southeast of Vavuniya, Thursday around 7:50 a.m., medical sources said. Wounded passengers were rushed to Kepitigollawe and Anuradhapura hospitals. Majority of the victims are Sinhalese civilians.”

However, police sources said the bus had been traveling to Kebitigollawa from Yakaweva when it was caught in the explosion.

According to Sri Lanka Ministry Defence report “The victims are now being rushed to Kebitigollawa and Anuradhapura hospitals.

- Asian Tribune -

Share this


.